Safeguarding is defined as protecting children from maltreatment, preventing impairment of health and/or development, ensuring that children grow up in the provision of safe & effective care and optimising children's life chances.
Our Child Protection Policy forms part of a suite of documents and policies which relate to the safeguarding responsibilities of our school in particular the Safer Recruitment Policy, Positive Behaviour Policy and Anti-Bullying Policy.
Keeping your child safe means:
- The health and safety of all children
- Making sure that the adults who work here have undergone safety and security checks
- Protecting children from deliberate harm
- Being an anti-bullying school
- Meeting the needs of children with medical conditions
- Providing first aid
- Children enjoying safe educational visits/trips
- Caring for children's personal needs
- Keeping children safe when using the internet
- Making sure our school is safe and secure
- Being a 'listening school'
- Ensuring the children know who to go to if they have a problem
Our Desginated Safeguarding Lead is:
Mrs K. Johnston-Grant
Our Deputy Designated Safeguarding staff are :
Mrs E. Hugill
Mrs V. Mainetti
Mrs G Jenkins
Our link Safeguarding Governor is:
Mr J. Scott